How You Can Help
Community and business sponsors are needed to fund disabled veterans participation in the winter and summer programs, local programs year round and competitive adaptive sports events. Contributions can be directed to the general fund, to specific programs and can also be provided to support a participating disabled veteran.
Corporate sponsors will be promoted by Veteran Adaptive Sports on the website, in all publications, media and at all events. Sponsors are authorized to advertise their support and selected veterans to promote its services and Veterans Adaptive Sports programs.
You can sponsor a specific program. Your contribution pays for travel, lodging and meals, adaptive sports instruction and equipment rental and in some cases, certifications.
Our 2014 Programs include:
- Veterans Adaptive Sports Winter Ski Program at Telluride CO, February 15-21, 2014. This adaptive ski and snowboard clinic is five full days of instruction for the first time beginners to the advanced skiers. Lessons are provided by certified adaptive ski instructors (a minimum of 2 instructors per participant). Lessons are designed on an individual basis to achieve their desired and realistic goals. Returning veterans tout this experience as being the most intense and best instruction they have ever received.
- National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic at Snowmass Village CO, March 30 -April 4, 2014. This Clinic is a world-leader in adaptive winter sports instruction for U.S. military Veterans and active duty servicemen and women with disabilities. This year the Clinic will celebrate its 28th year by bringing nearly 400 Veterans with traumatic brain injuries, orthopedic amputations, visual impairments, certain neurological conditions and other disabilities to the mountain.
- Gates of Lodore on the Green River in Colorado will be the venue for this year’s summer trip. Our veterans will spend a week white water rafting challenging the river, camping out each night on the river and providing each other the support to succeed as a team. The trip will be from July 6 – July 13, 2014.
- Veterans Play Golf is a series of programs to teach adaptive golf and provide playing opportunities all year long. The programs include: VA Hospital Visually Impaired Unit, Veterans Accessible Golf for Veterans With Disabilities and Teaching Veterans How to Play Golf (all veterans). A program to establish veterans league play with sponsoring local golf courses is in the planning stage.
- Marine Recreational Therapy is year long program designed to provide adaptive water sports, boating, fishing, scuba diving and sailing to local area disabled veterans and hospitalized veterans requiring recreational therapy.
Let us know if you would like to sponsor one of our disabled veterans in adaptive sport competition.
Help to make a difference in the recovery and lives of our disabled veterans and donate what you can. Our organization from the Board members, to our affiliates and community sponsors are unpaid volunteers. Our goal is minimize overhead and administrative expenses to direct 95% or more of funds raised to our disabled veterans and our programs.
Veterans Adaptive Sports is a 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Donate right here on our website or Contact Us to submit a donation.
Volunteers are always needed to support our Programs and Services. Certified Open Water scuba divers, golfers, bikers, boat owners and fishing enthusiasts are encouraged to attend events, create events and are welcome to recreate with the disabled veterans.